THIS IS THE BEST TUTORIAL ON HOW TO CREATE CPK’S & MAKE EDITS TO LOAD IN GAME:
NOTE: there is a difference in 2015 than this tutorial where it mentions starting the folder structure:
This wont work when you pack it with cri packed file maker, “common” needs to be the root folder so you dont create “pes14_win_dat” before it anymore, you simply start from the root folder called “common”.
pes14_win_dat/common/bg/model/bg … etc etc
Correct 2015 way:
common/bg/model/bg … etc etc
HOW TO USE CPK METHOD SIMILAR TO USING FILELOADER WITH MANY MODS AND ONE CPK FILE
1. Make a mod folder for all your mods somewhere on your storage drive and name it “mods”
2. Inside this folder make a folder named “common” IE:
You now treat this “common” folder like you did with fileloaders “pes14_win_dat” back in 2014.
3. You then edit your “dpfilelist” file (using hex editor too HERE: HxD : http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ ) in your game install “downloads” folder and enter on the right hand list a new entry “mods.cpk” and then change the top line hex number to match how many cpks are listed on the right hand list (if you count 2 cpks you change hex top line entry to “02” and so on).
Here the graphic with my edit in the hex tool to understand step 3:
4. When you download new mods you may get them in loose files or in its own cpk file and you can do 2 things.
A) If the mod you downloaded is a .cpk packed file you can use cripacked filemaker tool (download here) to “extract” the contents, this will then create the loose files on your drive starting with the root folder “common”.
All you do is then copy this “common” folder that its created and paste it “onto” / “into” your mods/common folder for your mods created in step 1.
(This is just like getting “pes14_win_dat” loose files in 2014 and pasting into fileloaders “pes14_win_dat” folder).
B) If the mod you downloaded are loose files and will already come with a “common” folder simply copy this common folder and paste into your mod/common folder you created in step 1.
5. Once you have added the amount of mods into this one single mods/common folder created in step 1, you then simply update it by using Cripacked file maker (download here, mirror) to re pack this updated folder to a single cpk. Open Cripacked filemaker and select the folder created in step 1 “mods” then pack to cpk using the same name it gives “mods.cpk”.
6. Once created, copy and past “mods.cpk” into your game install “downloads” folder along with the dpfilelist file.
** Now, every time you get a new mod you dont edit dpfilelist any more and you simply keep repeating step 4 and re creating/copying the mods.cpk and overwriting the existing one in your “downloads” folder. Dpfilelist already has the cpk entry and just picks it up on the next game load
So now you just fatten up your “mods/common” folder from step one with all mods you download each time, and re pack again, it will just become one larger single cpk (which is just like fileloader but you have the extra stage of repacking the cpk and pasting into your “downloads” each time before game load).
There is no cap limit that I know of, in 2014 I had over 1gig cpk files that packed and loaded fine.
The reason I posted this is becuase is it may become a bit overwhelming with many mods and many cpk files and having to edit dpfilist to add many cpk entries. Its more logical to unpack mods and copy them to one “common” folder then pack that in one cpk with only one entry in dpfilelist to only ever be editing … ummm … “once”
When you have practised this a few times it will become very easy to do I promise.
ISSUE – I GET A BLACK SCREEN WHEN I LOAD GAME?
You will get a black screen if:
1. dpfilelist has a new cpk file added to right hand list but you didnt change hex value on top line to add an additional number (if there are 5 cpks on right hand list that number needs to be “05” etc).
OR … you added the extra number and its more than is listed on right hand list, IE its set at “05” and you removed a cpk so only 4 exist in the list.
2. you messed up structure on rebuild of cpk, root = “common” IE create a folder first for the content your editing & THEN put the “common” folder inside that IE:
Then you use cri packed maker and click on the “thisismytest” (any name you like) folder to pack it, then “common” will be route in cpk.
3. Corrupt file added when rebuilding cpk causing game to stop loading.
4. Sometimes if you cri pack and leave it open and just overwrite a cpk in the download folder if can “have a wobble”. So close cri packed first, delete relevant cpk first under your “download” folder if its just replacing it (or back it up if its a system file in “data” folder).