Bloomfield Road has been the home of English football club Blackpool F.C. since 1899. It is named after the road on which the ground’s main entrance used to stand. After having two stands redeveloped between 2001 and 2002, the ground capacity was 11,295. Currently there are only three stands, since the South Stand was demolished in 2003, in preparation for the construction of a new stand, and the current capacity is 9,650 (all-seated, including the temporary East Stand). When the stadium is complete, the new capacity should be 16,000. The stadium was used during the 2005 UEFA Women’s Championship.
Before moving to Bloomfield Road, Blackpool had called two other grounds home during their existence. Firstly, between 1886 and 1897, they played at Raikes Hall Gardens (also known as the Royal Palace Gardens). In 1897, they moved for two years to the Athletic Grounds at the town’s Stanley Park. After a short spell back at Raikes Hall Gardens in 1899, Blackpool made the move to their current home. The record attendance is 38,098, which occurred when Blackpool played Wolverhampton Wanderers on 17 September 1955.