LiveCPK – Sider 3.4.0 For PES 2017 PC by juce collab nesa24
– [bug-fix]: memory.write can now correctly write arbitrary binary strings (with zeros inside)
– [new]: memory.pack and memory.unpack – for converting between Lua numbers and their binary representations
– [new]: “close.on.exit” and “start.minimized” options in sider.ini. This is useful if you (like @Energia) use a batch file to start sider right before the game, and then when the game exists, you want sider to automatically quit also.
– [new]: gameplay lua library: makes it simple to alter some gameplay aspects (researched for you by @nesa24) – see docs/scripting.txt, the Gameplay section – for all the details. Also included are example modules: gameplay.lua and gameplay2.lua.
– [new]: new context field: ctx.stadium_choice and corresponding “set_stadium_choice” event. These allow for potentially more nuanced behaviour of a stadium-server in exhibition modes. (We’ll need @zlac to take a look at this, and see if he can use it in his awesome StadiumServer)
One last note:
also, included in modules directory – aspectratio.lua. It’s not for everyone, but for those who like to poke the bytes – it demonstrates the use of “memory” library to force the game into a custom aspect ratio. Again, all credit to @nesa24 for research work.
How it works:
You organize the files into folders, with root folder specified in sider.ini, in “cpk.root” option. Inside the root folder you will have “common”, and so on – as the structure of the game dictates. You can have multiple root folders, or “roots”. Think of these roots as basically unpacked CPK archives.
Why use this:
Technically, this particular version, does not give much advantage over the alternative of using download folder and DpFileList.bin. But, I imagine LiveCPK can be useful for artists, who can iterate much quicker on their work: you don’t even need to exit the game to modify a file – you simply Alt-Tab to you editing program, make changes, then switch back to the game, and see updated artwork right away, once the game reloads that particular file. Also, you can still use download/DpFileList.bin for some patches and LiveCPK for some other – there is no conflict, except LiveCPK content has priority.