Estádio do Pacaembu, as it is usually called, is a football stadium in São Paulo, located on Praça Charles Miller, no nº – in Pacaembu neighborhood. Its official name is Estádio Municipal Paulo Machado de Carvalho and it is owned by the Municipal Prefecture of São Paulo. The stadium was inaugurated on April 27, 1940 with the presence of the Brazilian President Getúlio Vargas, the intervener Adhemar de Barros and the mayor of São Paulo Prestes Maia. The stadium holds 37,180 people and its pitch dimensions are 104 m of length by 70 m of width. The stadium is named after Paulo Machado de Carvalho. He was the 1958 FIFA World Cup Brazilian delegation chief, and was known as “Marechal da Vitória” (Marshall of Victory).